Re: more northeast races?

Hey porkchops22, are you guys running the August CC race at GingerMan?  There is a "Save the Ta-tas Racing" #36 car entered.  If it is you, then you'll need window nets for that race too.

We aren't thrilled about adding a net, but as long as we make sure it's easy to unlatch, we should be safe-ish.  I am going to try to use my cool shirt, so I'll have cooling hoses, helmet radio connections, a HANS, and a window net to deal with if I have to exit quickly.  Our car isn't exactly easy to get out of with the door open and I have never tried it with the door closed, but I think it would be tough.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

We are not running the CC race at GingerMan.  We will however be at the Lemons race in October.

But good to know about entering into a CC race.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

Must be another "STT-Ts" car out there.  See you at GM in October.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

The #36 car is actually Team Sucker Punch Camaro.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

Mulry wrote:
jimeditorial wrote:

If XS speed is the determining safety factor, why not just add a chicane or two where necessary, i.e. haybales tires, etc....put a slow one in just before the pit exit and it's even safer....is there something else about this track that's a safety issue?

I seem to recall Jay addressing this once upon a time. Maybe back on the Yahoo group? Anyway, my takeaway from it was that not adding chicanes had a lot to do with liability in case somebody gets hurt/killed. If the track is unsafe as designed and operated by the track operator, then it would be harder for a plaintiff to pin that part of the lawsuit on Lemons. But if Lemons comes along and artificially modifies a track (say, by adding chicanes), and then somebody gets hurt by running through a tire wall chicane, then it's easy to pin that on Lemons.

Or something like that.

Plus we all bitch and moan to the nth degree when there are chicanes anyway, which definitely does not add to the fun quotient.

Never thought about the liability issue....sounds like NL would have to add a diversion chicane on the straight, then "officially" cone off the straight for Lemons...too bad the tort lawyers are so deep into this sport!

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

It seems there are quite a few save the tata cars around.  I think we saw 3 or 4 at gingerman on our first time there.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

porkchops22,  I see that you are from Mentor. I'm from the west side.  Let me know if you could use a hand installing a window net on sttt's.  I'd be happy to bring over my mig welder if you need it.

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Thanks, I will let you know.  On the flip side, can arm restraints replace the window net?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Fool- … 77?ref=sgm
#34 Save the Tatas Subaru Impreza
2010 Detroit Irony 32nd/Capital Offense 68th/Grand Bull 26th/Rod Blago "FIF"

Nelson is Nelson

I have been at Nelson many times in the last 30 years, as a spectator, and thanks to Lemons, as a driver.  It is almost the same as 30 years ago. No imrovement in the facility are evident.  An SCCA club track stuck in the past. 

Lemons shows up and has the most successful race in years, and what happens?  A couple of pole barn garages, and maybe some hot showers and Internet access?  No, screw that, lets put on our own Lemons race and make some money.  These people will begging to let them race.

Well, we saw what happened. Maybe someday the people that manage Nelson will move into the next century.

rayschnedi  - let me say it one more time.  Nelson's wanted Lemons to come back. Jay declined.  End of story.

A team that participated in the Lamest Day approached the track about creating Used Car and giving crap can racers a 24 Hour race. The track agreed. (what did you expect them to say, 'no'?)
Yes, the track will make money on a 24 Hour Race. Believe me 1) the track can use the revenue 2) Nobody is getting rich.

Yes, Nelsons' is far from glamorous but they are extremely firendly to the little guy who wants to get out and race. The track does their best with what they have.

You should try their Fun Days. It's cheap track time and a ball to boot.

Let's all send Nelson's some love for doing a great job with the Lamest Day and wish them good luck with Used Cars in Sept.

I for one am glad to have an accessable track close to my home that lets us run crap cans!

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

+1 vote for NJMP, that would be awesome.

Spud, I regretted sending my post about 10 seconds after I sent it. Just a little disappointed I guess.  In the words of Sgt Schultz, "I know nothing," (or is that "nuthink"?) Hope NL has a great season.

Gene wrote:

+1 vote for NJMP, that would be awesome.

We could probably even do a car show and parade in downtown Millville, kinda like they did for CMP.  smile 

-Scott

Scott Barton