Re: Yeehaw should change venue

Scud.Ig wrote:

Biiiiig concrete walls + newby drivers + 100 crapcans == ??

=== station wagon on it's roof doing 360s while breaking a dude's neck.  Then it caught on fire.

Concrete walls didn't like us too much at Infineon.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

fifty wrote:
rickerbr wrote:

Memphis Motorsports Park.

Closed it's doors about a year ago. The pits are also infield.

This reminds me of that Woody Allen joke about the women in the Catskills complaining about the food at the lodge tasting so awful and the portions being so small.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I think the NPR turnout this year may have been hurt by the short time between it and Eagle's Canyon. I'm sorry I missed EC but look forward to NPR's new track. That said, I would like to drive TWS sometime for Lemons.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

I hope they keep going to NPR twice a year... the next closest track for us is Dallas, which is 8 hours from here.

So whens the TWS race in '11?

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

It's only wishful thinking on here. You'll have to ask Jay about it. Next year's schedule doesn't come out til Nov. or so.

Mike, you all are out again?

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

I haven't been online as much and am emailing Nick because I suck at the internet and can't find the right button to click, we'll be there.

Summary:
I suck at the Internet.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

mikespeed95 wrote:

I think putting NPR on the radar of interest for anyone in Texas is kinda odd.

From Houston, with truck/trailer, its an honest 4-5 hours down i10 then thru a bunch of little odd backroads between crappy towns that are somehow still segregated.  I used to make that drive a lot back in the day, and it totally sucks with a truck/trailer.  Anyone outside of Houston its even longer.

TWS is centrally located, is seriously 10 minutes outside of College Station, which has more than enough hotels/stuff to support A&M, plus BCS is just awesome.  The paddock space is HUGE, its a legit racetrack.

Seriously, lets go.

Take it easy Hot Rod.

I think the new Circuit du Bayou will be nice, seeing how they will make it separate from the dragstrip.

36 (edited by Mulry 2010-07-12 09:18 AM)

I agree. There's another country club race track that's building near Nola too that looks fun.

That said, the problem for us is just distance. Belle Rose is a 9-hour haul with the trailer, but Angleton's only 5. TWS would probably be less than 3 hours and Cresson is 90 minutes; you can probably flip those numbers for the Houston-based teams and be pretty close to correct.

Nothing against NPR, but if you want bigger turnouts at the races, then moving one of the two NPR races (or adding another Gulf Region race) somewhere inside your big team populations (Houston and Dallas) is probably a smart idea. You know that we would have at least 80 teams at a new race at TWS or Cresson -- just look at ECR as an example.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I thought No Problem might attract some Florida and East Coast teams. 

It's primarily Texas teams.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Yea Troy, we were also hoping for 80 to 100 teams for the New Orleans track. We are going to try to make the Houston Race in September, 6 hours away, with a replacement car for the one I wrecked in May here. I think there are some cars coming from Arkansas to the November race here and it would be nice to get more from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama area. Guess it is taking longer to catch on here. Obviously we hope to keep the two races here next year.