Re: Team Police Brutality Finally wins IOE!!!!

oneday wrote:

My favorite was the guy that bitched at me:
Whiner: You guys are doing a terrible job...you're missing half the stuff people were doing that deserved black flags!
Me: Then we must have missed that much of what you did too?! Wow, you must be a really bad driver.
Whiner exits, stage left.

me:  "weird that you guys always seem to get flagged, huh?"

that part pretty much made my weekend.  they walked into the garage and i was PRAYING they were going to complain to Jay, but no dice.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

I still can't believe ancient 3/4" heater hose (from the Caddy, IIRC) held up all weekend as transmision cooler line!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

the puddles actually weren't so bad. you just had to drive to the outside of them, not through them. the high line in the oval part was also very much my friend. as it was the grippiest to begin with and dried out first to boot
(p.s.) i'm one of those scca types too, though i have enough crazy left in me to know better than to take myself seriously. just ask my friend what Lemons car i came up with today... 8 motors in tandem, all different... probably impossible to get under the $500 limit, but i think the wtf factor would be well worth it anyways

brianremmers wrote:

the puddles actually weren't so bad. you just had to drive to the outside of them, not through them. the high line in the oval part was also very much my friend. as it was the grippiest to begin with and dried out first to boot
(p.s.) i'm one of those scca types too, though i have enough crazy left in me to know better than to take myself seriously. just ask my friend what Lemons car i came up with today... 8 motors in tandem, all different... probably impossible to get under the $500 limit, but i think the wtf factor would be well worth it anyways

I went 4 wide on the high side and made a pass I couldn't believe the grip up there!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

High was great unless you went too high, the marbles up there were like hitting 6 inches of snow.  I only happened up there once when I was pushed up by a car that I sure hope didn't see me.

I would have liked a yellow when, 4 wide and me on the high side, there was a disabled car at the track-out.  Thanks to my spotter, I missed it by "this much", as Maxwell Smart would have said. Big blind spot on the left due to the a-pillar and cage. Need to find a better place for the driver cooling duct, too.

As for the puddle at the chicane exit, I went out first. Thinking that we should just drive through them under yellow to disperse them, I was wishing for a mask and fins. Didn't make that mistake again! It would be like trying to disperse the Atlantic.

For those of us in New England, it's going to be a loooong dry spell until next season. We really need a nice fall race within a reasonable tow.

Now will someone please buy our car so we can start building the next one?

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

I was sooo pulling for you guys this time! You always run clean, and keep good attitudes. Sorry to hear we won't see you running it again, but I totally understand the need to change it up now and then.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT