Re: Question about Welding the cage

Nah, use a water cooled pencil torch TIG machine.  Pretty welds, easy to fit and cool in your hand.  Small downside is the $3,000 price tag for a good Hobart unit but hell, this is Lemons, you should have lots of left over money from not spending thousands on your car.  ( while you are at it, buy me one too, I want one badly smile )

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

I started TIGing the cage, but it was so slow, and Argon is so damn expensive. A stick can reach some far off, tight places. I gave up and SMAW'd 50% of the cage in 1 day as opposed to the week I spent GTAWing the first half.
I also prefer SMAW on the floor plates, because it is near impossible to get it clean enough for GTAW. (I don't own a wire welder)

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

One more question?

The girlfriend is less than enthused about my building a car for Lemons, let alone racing in it.  She also seems to think I won't do it.

Somehow, last night, I managed to argue her into agreeing to drive in the race, and I'm not sure how.  What kind of painkiller do you recommend for a migraine?

Epinephrine

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

ACLyon wrote:

What kind of painkiller do you recommend?

Roofies

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
ACLyon wrote:

What kind of painkiller do you recommend?

Roofies

...what?