Re: Lemons has affected our team...

shit! now i've thought about it, and if you use propane or gasoline to make the flames, you could totally do it with a kill switch and a fuel pump. just make sure that the switch also actuates a BOV that releases the steam pressure too... damn my brain!!!!

To make it fail-safe, your BOV would have to be normally open with an electric solenoid holding it closed.

What could possibly go wrong?

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

you'd also want to put an expansion chamber (muffler of sorts) on the BOV so that it didn't shoot a jet of hot steam in a given not happy location. lol

When I drive through the back country, I'm like "ooh look at the Lemons potentiial!"  I don't need or want another Lemons car, I even gave one of mine to a teammate.  But you still look.  Even my wife points out potential candidates.  It is a disease...

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

A wonderful, wonderful disease. smile

Last spring, we made a trip down to College Station for my brother-in-law's graduation. Highway 6 from Waco to College Station was like a LeMons-hunting field trip. Same thing on US80 coming back from East Texas through a bunch of little towns that are but a decade or two away from blowing off the map. I saw a Bradley GT on the side of the road in one of those tows with a very large "NOT FOR SALE" sign on the back.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.