Re: Firkin and Phoenix Nov 6th - Drink Beer, Talk Lemons, Swap Stuff

jimeditorial wrote:
sergio wrote:
jimeditorial wrote:

Damn! I'm connecting through Houston on the 5th...anybody know that airport? Is there a decent place to eat?

Are you coming thru Houston Intercontinental? Most likely. How much time you got? Like Mexican? Friday what time?

IAH...Arrive 4:32 PM Terminal C depart 7:05 PM Terminal B....and hell yes, who doesn't ike Mexican?

I can't make it either, have to work til 6pm. Now if your departing flight is delayed....

I'll think of you guys while Continental tries to lose my luggage....Saw the Prickstine E30 at SEMA and talked to Scott....video soon. Best car at the show....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

28 (edited by Hoonatic Racing 2010-11-05 03:24 AM)

jimeditorial wrote:

Saw the Prickstine.... Best car at the show....

I think you're bias. All you are telling me is you didn't see the hella-flush Prius with carbon fiber and Lambo bumpers.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

So I will still be there.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

So I will still be there.

Cool! I'm going to try my best to moderate beer intake tonight for the sake it tomorrow afternoon.  (Sigh) The sacrifices we make for Lemons....

See all you hooligans tomorrow!

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

What to wear....what to wear?

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

What to wear....what to wear?

Judicial robes!

(The place has wifi, I'm not ditching own event!)

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Drink some green Chartreuse for me! 110 proof, 150 herbs!

Hmmm... speaking of which, some top-shelf green Chartreuse would make an excellent judicial bribe at the New Orleans race.

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
jimeditorial wrote:

Saw the Prickstine.... Best car at the show....

I think you're bias. All you are telling me is you didn't see the hella-flush Prius with carbon fiber and Lambo bumpers.

Yeah, and about 2 million dollars worth of cars painted flat black. BTW, when in Vegas, don't miss the Double Down Saloon...beef jerky martinis served with a Twinkie! 5 bucks!...and if anybody knows the blonde with glasses and her hair up who came with the tall brunette on Thursday just after the first set....find me.

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Thanks for setting this up.  We had a great time and I have never seen 8 headlights on a car before, wow.

Justice...with a smile.

i had a great time. thanks for putting on a wonderful event.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I just realized not a single team or driver bought me a beer.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

Doh! Sh!t... We'll have to fix that.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Thanks to you all for welcoming not one but two bald British guys at the Firkin!  Sorry about the lack of burn-out from the pub, I did that before and seemed to upset some people!  As for Beer for Judge Scott.......I thought it would have been too obvious - we'll save our bribes and 'tears' for New Orleans!!!

Thanks Mary for setting this up!

Is it because I is an E30 owner???

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Thanks for putting this together, had a good time chatting with all.  Now, time to get back to work on the car, 10 days left!

-Martin
Team SHOtime
1986 Formula 1 Benetton racing livery
Old themes - M*A*S*H - Red Rocket Rat car

41 (edited by doctawife 2010-11-08 01:55 PM)

RRRR wrote:
Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Thanks for putting this together, had a good time chatting with all.  Now, time to get back to work on the car, 10 days left!

Thanks all for the accolades.   Now, back to work! smile

Yeah, I'm working from midnight until 8a tonight... but I'm working on the car from 7p-11p before that starts.  Every second counts.  Repeat after me: what could go wrong?

doctawife wrote:
H.K. Phooey wrote:

Doh! Sh!t... We'll have to fix that.

too late. he drove me there, so he already took it out on me. the "Judicial Bench" was clogged. he made me clear out the sewer system for his house. Scott is not getting softer with the years; he becomes higher proof.

you better pray you dont get any black flags at the race....

GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  Get of my lawn ya bastards!!!

Justice...with a smile.

I was genuinely worried for you John when you said Judge Scott had made you attend to his sewer system!!!

Markdas wrote:

I was genuinely worried for you John when you said Judge Scott had made you attend to his sewer system!!!

No no, John is that kind of guy thus his TWO trophies in Houston.  Really he and I had not really known each other before that weekend but his spirit is what Lemons is all about and he offered :-)~

Justice...with a smile.

I'm Johns biggest fan!  When we bumbled our way ignorantly into the Lemons idea.....we didn't even know about welding a cage into a car......a post up on the forum and it was JW to the rescue......(as well as other Houstonians who were ready to assist)!

So he basically spent about 2-3 weeks of evenings in our mates garage, burning himself, us and setting fire to the car, and even when he was running out of time for his own car, he didn't leave us in the crapper......he stuck at it and all of our team see John as a perfect Lemons role model.....always smiling, always willing to help and as a result.....any one of us are always ready to give John a helping hand......its the way it works!

At the MSR event he knew we would have been over at his paddock helping if he wanted...but he also knew we were having one or two hiccups of our own!

Actually.....and you may disagree here Scott.....but its a similar commeraderie that you get in the forces, people who are doing something that stretched them and their mates over a period of time that sees lots of ups and downs and demands a whole load of team work and bottle!  I love it!

Hip hip hoorah for JW! The best drain cleaner in North Houston (other drain cleaners available)

^^^ I could not agree more but you will still have to sit in the dog house.

Justice...with a smile.

H.K. Phooey wrote:

^^^ I could not agree more but you will still have to sit in the dog house.

lol, nice try Mark, but looks like you may have to kiss more ass to get less BS laps.

Thanks to both of you for the kind words.

LOL....its got me where I am today.......getting ready to pucker up in Louisiana!