Re: Pit Space @ Grand Bayou

Evil Genius wrote:
CCARVER wrote:

Track does not open up untill Friday Morning.
Space depends on what you bring to play with.
You show up like shrimpboots with a generator for the city and enought lights to keep the stripper pole lit all night.
You can take as much space as you need.
My only recomendations are for highly visible tow hooks.
I just picked this up for the tow truck and can not wait to use it.
http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/image … ok_lge.jpg

Can we get one of those for up in the tower? For those who've ignored a black flag for a couple of laps... we'll tie it off on a chunk of K-rail and let the starter have fun...

That is an amazing idea.  Could you imagine the delight of a corner worker hooking a car coming out of a turn.

YARRR...I DONE GOT ME MOBY DICK!

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

Richardnew wrote:

Intervention will arrive on Thursday night ready to go. We would love to get through Tech on Friday. Remember, these are old guys. They wake up early and need to go to bed early.

Richard Newton
Intervention Motorsports

We will be camped on the left side of the paddock next to the drag strip by the bathrooms. You might want to go on the otherside if they are planning to go to bed early Friday night.

Judge still needs a "set-up" Tent!!!

Justice...with a smile.

i may have one for you, I'll dig it out this weekend.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

robertm wrote:
shrimpandboots wrote:

They don't actually have a pit lane. You pretty much do all your pit work in your paddock area. There is a fueling area which is the only place you can fuel the car. There should be room to fuel 6 to 8 cars at once there.

More like 2-3 max can fuel at one time.  Last race the pink zebra car decided to be even more special than usual and parked sideways on the little patch of concrete preventing anyone else from fueling. We lost a minute waiting for them.  This is by far the greatest annoyance to the track.  I've never seen anything like it anywhere else.  There were two yutes permanently camped out on the little island of concrete that made it there sole purpose in life to find anything wrong with fueling procedures. Wait until you hear the one guys 100+ decible whistle!  He was definitely starved for attention as a child..

Also, consider where you setup.  If you setup far away from track exit or reentry it will take you that much longer to get back on track everytime you change drivers, tires, oil etc.

MMMMM,
Attention as a child. Got ya.
I can not wait!

Zachreligious wrote:

Thank you. We're bringing a new car - hopefully we'll have everything done, but the idea of having something to fix and not having overnight to fix it was making me a little nervous.

Quoting this, because I have a feeling it will be a funny point of irony in the future.

As for Carver, I'm sure he's mounted The Hook to a harpoon gun so he doesn't have to get out of the rescue truck. He might even slow down before firing it through your window net. If you are lucky.

If you are unlucky enough to break down on the front straight, keep your harness on. You'll get to see what T1 looks like at 100mph on the end of a tow strap.

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

Those Cajun boys don't mess around getting broken cars off the track. You'll be lucky to pass the tow truck.

If he had a number on the door and a transponder on the truck I think he'd do well in the race. wink

I draft the tow truck at Circuit Grand Bayou. Set my best lap too.

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

I will be working in uniform for those who do not know me.
I will safely say you will not need to ask who is in uniform.