Re: So what would this qualify for?

So it's basically the same size and weight as our XJ6! With twice the traction and unstoppable rotary power!

BTW, are the rotaries bone-stock or have they been ported? If so, what type of porting?

Unfortunately, cash has not appeared and bills are due. The fates are not with me this time.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Speedycop wrote:

I would LOVE to have a fellow nut on board, Spank, but I can't promise Miami North.

So you're sayin' I have to outbid you then...

Naaaaaw. I wouldn't do that. Hope you get it. Nobody deserves it more!

Not going to be able to buy in due to schedule sad

Are the rear ends facing each other with no driveshaft?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Yeah, I'm really wondering how high it will go. If the chin or the grunty comedian want it, we don't stand a chance. Those guys could throw 10 or 20k at this just for a conversation piece in the garage. Still, I'm gonna bid to win to the best of my meager ability. Screw my credit. Screw the mortgage. This is too epic! One, maybe two spots left. I'm waiting on payments for the last two spots now. They ARE NOT LOCKED IN until I'm paid, so if you're waiting, don't. I've already had a number of "I'm in." "Okay, I guess I'm out." That won't help me pay for this insanity. $$$ talks. Specifically, $500 paypals to speedycop@comcast.net talks.
Current drivers:
Me
David Mills AKA Caddywrecker
Mark
Joe
???
???

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Welcome aboard Mike! Only one spot left...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

And the 6 drivers are: (drumroll please)
Me
David Mills AKA Caddywrecker
Mark
Joe
Mike
Roger

Now all we have to do is win the auction!

I can't believe what I just read!! Speedy, YOU AWESOME!! And just a little bit more insane than I thought.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

So, I had about $4500 in mind as my limit. We won the car for $4494, so while it was much more than I'd hoped to spend, it was doable. I'm trying to price shipping services, but if I can't get it shipped for $700 or less, I'll just go get it (14 hours each way). I'm working out payment arrangements with the seller now. The five guys who put up $500 each in blind faith made this possible, so thank you all!

For me, two grand plus shipping out of pocket is gonna hurt, but I'll make it happen. I liken this car to the Pearl of Great Price in the Bible (Matt. 13:45-46) . It's worth it to me to sell off other toys and scrimp for a while to get this thing. With any luck, we can turn it into a serious rolling advertisement for www.speedycop.com. I'm gonna be taking tons of detailed photos once I get it home, so you'll know better what we're working with.

The GREATEST Lemons CAR OF ALL TIME, presently code-named G.L.C.O.A.T. (get it? gel-coat, fiberglass), is a GO!

Jeff
AKA "Speedycop"
AKA "Clearly Stark Raving Mad And Going Into The Poorhouse"

Congratulations! I hope the powers-that-be that run the forum will allow you a category to chronicle your adventures with GLCOAT like they did for the Wartburg.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Can't wait to see it at NJMP, you nut job!  I'll bring you some homebrew...  smile

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:

Can't wait to see it at NJMP, you nut job!  I'll bring you some homebrew...  smile

Can't wait, huh? So this is more interesting than, say, oh, I dunno, a '96 Miata?

/lowblow

big_smile

No problem, Speedy!  I will admit your car is far more interesting.  big_smile

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

I had to give you crap for laughing at  how much I paid for the 8-wheeled atrocity.
Feel free to rub it in when you are making fast laps and I'm in the pits wrenching...

We'll share some brew Saturday night!  Hopefully in your camp because you'll be doing the wrenching.  smile

41 (edited by Serj 2010-11-16 06:35 PM)

Speedycop wrote:

I had to give you crap for laughing at  how much I paid for the 8-wheeled atrocity.
Feel free to rub it in when you are making fast laps and I'm in the pits wrenching...

just look at it this way jeff; you're already ahead of the game with 2 rotaries. no pistons, connecting rods, valves or rockers or even lifters that can fail. then again those engines mated together into a hodge-podge 4-rotor like that will probably drink more gas when they run then when your truck's fully loaded going through the carolina mountains with the Mark VIII in the trailer running @ WOT.

Speedycop wrote:

I never laughed, I think it's awesome!  But since I can't afford a $4500 crapcan, I'll just try to be happy with a $350 Miata.  smile

Congratulations! I'm jealous of those people who could afford to pitch in.

I couldn't see well enough to see which rotary motors were in it, but if you have any rotary questions, feel free to ask me or post on www.mazspeed.com. There is good support for rotary freaks out there.

Epic. I'm not even going to try to top this. I simply give up.

I think my next car will be a miata or E30.

Zachreligious wrote:

Epic. I'm not even going to try to top this. I simply give up.

I think my next car will be a miata or E30.

Ditto.

so, 8 wheels. it's twice the car. could this be the unicorn that snags both IOE & Overall in one race?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Not when the pilots (you wouldn't drive this thing, you'd pilot it) all have standing orders to baby it.

Speedycop wrote:

Not when the pilots (you wouldn't drive this thing, you'd pilot it) all have standing orders to baby it.

Jeff you are officially one crazy sumbitch!  Good luck with the build, I'm hoping to see it maybe at CMP next year?

BTW, 'baby' a race car...or whatever you call that thing whilst on a race track?  Blasphemy!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

It's not how fast it is on track, it's how cool it is on track. The problem with a non-lemony-priced Lemons car is that you don't want to see it get destroyed by an overzealous driver who doesn't have thousands of dollars and tons of time invested. I didn't say I'd baby it, just that my guest drivers would. wink

Speedycop wrote:

I didn't say I'd baby it, just that my guest drivers would. wink

Ah, thanks for that clarification. I've raced several times with you guys at CMP and the only thing that I'd consider as you 'holding back' was due to your equipment, not your will.  smile

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!