Re: Turbocharge British Leyland 4-kabanger? or no?

Well, the motor with turbo WILL be going in the Mr. Bean mini this weekend. No chance to test it before it gets on track in a week, though, so who knows how long the major components, like connecting rods, will stay in the engine bay...

It'll be running the SU carb but it came with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator so it's going to go in with that hence the need for the return line. The FI setup will have to wait for another time.

Fingers crossed everybody.

Spank wrote:

Well, the motor with turbo WILL be going in the Mr. Bean mini this weekend. No chance to test it before it gets on track in a week, though, so who knows how long the major components, like connecting rods, will stay in the engine bay...

It'll be running the SU carb but it came with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator so it's going to go in with that hence the need for the return line. The FI setup will have to wait for another time.

Fingers crossed everybody.

HOLY BATTCRAP. An untested Leyland 4-kabanger WITH turbocharging AND an SU... this is going to be fun!

I like it. I like it a lot. (starts designing an external scattershield)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

you guys are making me want to find a k-car turbo for the buick...

Got another turbo from an 85 shelby at 1/2 price day at pickapart. Hmmm. Wonder if there's time to turbo the sChitroen...

DOOO EEEIIIIITTTTT!!!!

oh lordy! blow through a SU carb???? not gonna work! you'll just push the dashpot up and flood the engine. you have to put the turbo between the carb and engine if you keep the SUs

brianremmers wrote:

oh lordy! blow through a SU carb???? not gonna work! you'll just push the dashpot up and flood the engine. you have to put the turbo between the carb and engine if you keep the SUs

Not true.  You just need to pressurize the vent and it works fine.  By fine I mean at all.  It's still a 40 year old British car...

Cars, cameras, and easy living...