Re: Longest Lasting Brake Pad

Carbotech doesn't sell direct, but we ordered our custom-built XJ6 brake pads from them through Amp'd Autosport. They also have a pretty good price on Super-Blue brake fluid.

When I researched brake pads I called Carbotech and they were more then happy to sell me direct with a damn good price.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

I've never bought from anyone other than Carbotech directly.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

We always get them from Carbotech directly. They've always given us a good deal too. That includes making pads they don't have in stock - they'll make them for anything they can get a backing plate for. Even Mercury Crapis.

This weekend, we picked up the parts needed to change from drums to disks in the rear. We will pick up some ST43 or XP2 for all 4 corners and should be able to start lasting longer.

Mulry wrote:

If you have problems with overheating your brakes/calipers, you might want to think about installing some inline bilge fans on your brake cooling ducts. It's what the Sprint Cup guys do. Just search "bilge blower" on teh eBays and you'll find plenty of them.

I would guess this cost would fall under brakes/ safety equipment, and not against the car cost? I see they average about 20 bucks each.

Knights of Granada
Swamp Thang Granada

Yes, brake cost.  Bilge away.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584