Re: Yellow flag rules

So the corner workers should do extra work, so drivers don't have to look around?

You are only entitled to the space you occupy.

I ignore any random or blinking lights inside the MGB unless its accompanied by smoke. And even then I kinda shine it on unless the smoke gets REALLY bad. So your do-mahicky better come with flames.

Using the old fashioned flags as flags works well for us. We never pass anyone anyways.

They also serve somewhat as a litmus test for who is still paying attention to their surroundings. Gotten fatigued and stricken with tunnel vision? If you don't self regulate, a couple missed yellow flags will.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Buzz Killington wrote:

now that's just crazy talk.

I'm not the fastest thing on 4 wheels, but I have turned top 20% lap times in a 60hp Karmann Ghia.

....8 races in, I'm black flag free. It's not rocket surgery or brain science, but it is a long race. Be safe, be smooth, but don't be stupid.

Having said all that, I have a GOOJF card for this weekend, I might try and use it wink

I don't think you can have flashing lights in your car.  Something about them being confused with emergency vehicles.  I believe that Arsefreeze 09 was the last time they were allowed. 

You'll probably be asked to turn it off by a polite gentleman in a yellow shirt.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Of course, lights on a oval track are quite easy to follow, when the yellow flies, you slow down and get in line, and this would work for full course yellows.  However, not so effective on road courses.  What shouls work, since most course have radio control in each corner, why not use a flashing or rotating yellow light on top of each flag hut?  They could be battery powered, and backed up with flags.  The flashing yellow would get everyones attention and not having to pay attention to corner workers who don't always deploy their flags with great enthusiasm.  The light would take the human element out of it.  Except they would have to turn on the switch!

Don't worry about things you have no control over!

Captain Morgan's Rumrunners
Central Indiana