Re: Help on our theme

stupid_but_tough wrote:

'Just cut the entire roof/windshield off.  Fill in open passenger compartment with sheetmetal, cardboard, etc. Flatten the hood-pass comparment-trunk lid and use that as the flight deck. Poke your head up through flight deck where the island would be. Add spining radar dish on top of roll cage island. Super glue F14 tomcats to appropriate tie-down locations. Design and build power-steering powered foam glider catapault

Yeah., yeah, yeah.!

Chop the top, build a driver only roll cage and make that the Island. deck over the passenger compartment.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

Use the chopped roof as the flight deck

Free material!

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

If you're gonna wear a uniform, be sure and pin on as many ridiculously big medals as possible.

29 (edited by Crab Spirits 2010-08-10 07:59 PM)

I'm a Chicago local and can contribute an A-4, A-6, F-14, and possibly more models to this cause. Just make sure the island is big enough to put your car number on the sides of it.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

Using $25000 cheaterware like Solidworks ought to earn some BS laps all by itself. Lemons is all about imagining, eyeballing, and measuring with your thumb. No not your good thumb; the one that you cut off at the knuckle years ago in a barstool racing accident.

xtn

I'm not so sure using expensive tools will matter, unless you pay someone else to use them for you. Software, welder, vinyl cutter, I figure they are all the same. We had to buy about $2k in tools to get our car done. Nothing special. We just didn't have a lot at the start.

erdero wrote:

Hey everyone, we're looking at trying to do our first Lemons race in Chicago in October, and we've come up with what we hope is a good theme.  We've got our eyes on a '95 Cadillac STS (Northstar and all), and originally wanted to dress it up as a train, but I remembered the Bipolar Express from last year I think, and they seemed to do it rather well (People's Choice), so we decided to change.

So now we want to turn it into an aircraft carrier.  I read that it'd been done before on a Ford LTD at CMP Fall 2009, but this was the only picture I could find of it:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/im … -500px.jpg

How well done was it, and does anyone have any more pictures?

If we stick to the theme, we'd have to go above and beyond (not that we wouldn't anyway).  Thanks for any help!

If you come down South (CMP) I have a wrecked STS here on my Tow Yard with the northstar, Make ya a good parts car.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B