Re: Thanks for Buttonwillow

yeah, we told them. a lot of people who knew about were real cool,but others just would not let it go. no harm done. there will always be people like that. don't get me wrong-the Lemons was awesome! and if we all have to cash to go again we will. hopefully we don't have to get a new car. we already had our first car- audi 4000 totaled, we don't want to build a new car just to avoid all the anger. good times tho real good times.

I gotta admit I was very, very skeptical of the A4 pair.  They were both cars that, not matter what was wrong, I would have driven as my daily driver.

If you guys want to avoid harassment, you'd do well to advertise your disabilities.  You're driving a huge silver billboard - A big 1.8NA would do you well, as well as a drawn oil pressure gauge at 0.  Still, I would have  trailerd it home and drove it next week.

i had lots of teams come up to me and just talk sh@t...ok...no one believes that we got the car off a customer that didnt have the money to make a $3500+ oil pressure,turbo,etc repair on the car (quote)

Welcome to cheaters anonymous. We have the to clean cheater XJ-s jag that got the same comments as your audi. Ehh what you gonna do but drive it till it blows a head gasket and drops a valve seat. Then you get a 0 value from Jay and go from there.

Pendejo Maximo V-12

29 (edited by ozkrow 2009-08-22 06:58 AM)

Pendejo wrote:

i had lots of teams come up to me and just talk sh@t...ok...no one believes that we got the car off a customer that didnt have the money to make a $3500+ oil pressure,turbo,etc repair on the car (quote)

Welcome to cheaters anonymous. We have the to clean cheater XJ-s jag that got the same comments as your audi. Ehh what you gonna do but drive it till it blows a head gasket and drops a valve seat. Then you get a 0 value from Jay and go from there.

Pendejo Maximo V-12

ahh so i guess we should have had it valued when we left. that A4 is still sitting in my drive way.  it may have a warped head because it was driven for a lap or 2 with 0 coolant and now with a new radiator it still wont hold coolant pressure. i think exterior of the car is what threw people off. the funny thing is it was dirty as heck for sitting out for a few months as we waited for the customers decision on selling it to us. we had the GREAT idea to wash it before the race...and what do you know the freaking paint looked good! LOL. i spent a total of 1 whole day painting those freaking numbers on that car. next time i will just spray them on. one guy loved our TOW sticker,i just spay painted it on the car.

we all found it very funny that last year we came in 70 something place at thunderhill with an Audi  4000 that kept overheating every 30 min. this time we came in 96. next time we will set up next to Pendejo Maximo V-12 to avoid comments and that will save all the haters time. they can just walk to our section,throw out insults and be on their way. that will eliminate all the walking they have to do to find us...something like cheaters row.

I would also like to throw in a big Thank You to all involved in making the Buttonwillow Lemons as great as it was.  It was the first Lemons for my team, and we were really happy with both the event itself and the Buttonwillow venue.  We will be back!

Re: the Audi and the 540i -- My team did NOT vote for any team to receive the curse, and we certainly did not drop by and berate any members of any team.  That said, I have a suspicion that the lack of a discernable theme is a key factor in the hate and discontent that some people seem to feel toward those cars and others like them.  What was the theme on the silver Audi?  "I got a hella great deal on this A4?"  What was the theme on the 540i?  "I sold every part that doesn't make the car go, stop or turn and somehow made this a $500 car?"  If the car/team theme doesn't at least make you smile, then it doesn't seem to be much in the spirit of Lemons.  Our Mexican Police (flying pig) neon didn't have a great theme, but it was pretty coherent and was the result of some advance planning & design.  If we stay with that theme next time, I have some ideas on how to improve it...

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

widgetsltd wrote:

I would also like to throw in a big Thank You to all involved in making the Buttonwillow Lemons as great as it was.  It was the first Lemons for my team, and we were really happy with both the event itself and the Buttonwillow venue.  We will be back!

Re: the Audi and the 540i -- My team did NOT vote for any team to receive the curse, and we certainly did not drop by and berate any members of any team.  That said, I have a suspicion that the lack of a discernable theme is a key factor in the hate and discontent that some people seem to feel toward those cars and others like them.  What was the theme on the silver Audi?  "I got a hella great deal on this A4?"  What was the theme on the 540i?  "I sold every part that doesn't make the car go, stop or turn and somehow made this a $500 car?"  If the car/team theme doesn't at least make you smile, then it doesn't seem to be much in the spirit of Lemons.  Our Mexican Police (flying pig) neon didn't have a great theme, but it was pretty coherent and was the result of some advance planning & design.  If we stay with that theme next time, I have some ideas on how to improve it...

that is what now realize. we didnt have much time to get a theme going so we just left it that way. now that we have more time till the next race we might work on a theme...i have a great one in mind!!! see you next time.

ozkrow wrote:

hello everyone...i would also like to thank everyone for making our second Lemons race lots of fun! I am with Timmys kids team-yup the Audi A4 that for some reason everyone hated...well not everyone just the few teams that actually took the time to come up to me, cuss me out then walk away.

Yeah, you've gotta remember that with that many people walking around in the paddock, there will always be a couple of dudes that will come over to give you a hard time. (Now you know how the Lemons staff feels!)

It's actually an interesting study on human nature. The two things people love to whine about most are the Curse and other teams cheating. In your case, the guys whining about your cheating were probably the same guys whining to us about the Curse. Then they voted for you for the Curse. And they were cheating themselves. It's the paradox of Lemons.

Personally, I never said anything about the A4s, because I was supremely confident that they would fail in some kind of esoteric and laughably Audi-like fashion, which they did. (But I'm sure their interiors were really nice, when they had them.)

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:
ozkrow wrote:

hello everyone...i would also like to thank everyone for making our second Lemons race lots of fun! I am with Timmys kids team-yup the Audi A4 that for some reason everyone hated...well not everyone just the few teams that actually took the time to come up to me, cuss me out then walk away.

Yeah, you've gotta remember that with that many people walking around in the paddock, there will always be a couple of dudes that will come over to give you a hard time. (Now you know how the Lemons staff feels!)

It's actually an interesting study on human nature. The two things people love to whine about most are the Curse and other teams cheating. In your case, the guys whining about your cheating were probably the same guys whining to us about the Curse. Then they voted for you for the Curse. And they were cheating themselves. It's the paradox of Lemons.

Personally, I never said anything about the A4s, because I was supremely confident that they would fail in some kind of esoteric and laughably Audi-like fashion, which they did. (But I'm sure their interiors were really nice, when they had them.)

from what i understand from my boss, while he was in the b.s box listening to the whinning crowd. he offered to trade the silver A4 staight up for 2 of the other cars that were racing( you know who you are). Much to his dismay his offer of a straight across trade for the 2 cars in question was declined and you know who you are. the first offer of a penalty was 200 laps. that means at the audi would have to run a 2.25 lap time for 7.5hours with no one else on the track to be even. i am suprised that no one did the math,my boss did so whats the diffrence between 200 and 450 nothing .lmao So stop complaining , we didnt, we just ran for fun.

ozkrow wrote:
Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:
ozkrow wrote:

from what i understand from my boss, while he was in the b.s box listening to the whinning crowd. he offered to trade the silver A4 staight up for 2 of the other cars that were racing( you know who you are). Much to his dismay his offer of a straight across trade for the 2 cars in question was declined and you know who you are. the first offer of a penalty was 200 laps. that means at the audi would have to run a 2.25 lap time for 7.5hours with no one else on the track to be even. i am suprised that no one did the math,my boss did so whats the diffrence between 200 and 450 nothing .lmao So stop complaining , we didnt, we just ran for fun.

Admit it, you're a cheater. 

12 beer penalty for you!

:^) <-------------- note the smiley face

We gave up a key part on our car for the other SAAB team so they could finish the race (which put them ahead of us by the finish on Sunday).  Everyone seemed to help out eachother in the pits from what I experienced.

I believe the Mini-C was running one of our oil filters.

It would be nice to figure out what the deal was with guys running straight exhausts though.  I thought there was a dB limit?

*Bueller?....Anybody??  Bueller??*

If you want to be universally loved by everyone at the race, you know what kind of car to bring...

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/06/Lancia_Scorpion.jpg

MurileeMartin wrote:

If you want to be universally loved by everyone at the race, you know what kind of car to bring...

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/20 … orpion.jpg

If you can find a Lancia that still runs!

Why not a 76 Honda CVCC 5 spd... that would be pimp!

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/20 … orpion.jpg

Maybe next year or the year after, once we're done exploding the Brava (if in fact we are even able to start exploding it).  I know where a few of those live. smile

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

You could also bring one of these:

http://www.cartype.com/pics/6068/full/renault_fuego_turbo_83.jpg

Or one of these:

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/03/1986-Dodge-Omni-GLHS.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/features/2005/crap-cars/03-large/1975-amc-pacer.jpg

Let's try to stay American, shall we?

And you can find plenty of these for LeMons-grade prices (admittedly not quite in the nice condition seen in this photo), yet we've never seen one:

http://www.chooseyouritem.com/classics/photos/96500/96869.1974.Mercedes-Benz.450SL.jpg

42 (edited by ozkrow 2009-08-24 03:57 PM)

we will come up with be best theme is Lemons history and be loved by young and old a like!!!!!

43 (edited by SGW_SAM 2009-08-24 03:22 PM)

If British is your flavor, I know of two of these cars in the Socal area that the person would part with for cheap... One runs!

http://www.medicalrace.com/dictionary/upload/b/b5/Cortina.mk4.red.750pix.jpg

MurileeMartin wrote:

Or one of these:

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resour … i-GLHS.jpg

We would get 200 penalty laps.  Those GLHS are fast.  I have a friend with one, as well as a Shelby Daytona.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Or one of these:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ct … 05773.html

OH so tempting!  I could easliy drop most of that car on ebay, and get my $$$ down to $500 or less.

I'm a Mopar guy, so this is such a possibility.

SGW_SAM wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Or one of these:

We would get 200 penalty laps.  Those GLHS are fast.  I have a friend with one, as well as a Shelby Daytona.

If you showed up with a GLH or GLHS that you got for a LeMons-grade price (and they are out there; I've seen a few while researching Project Car Hell material), you won't get any penalty laps. Remember, we've never given penalty laps to the "hella fast" XR4Ti, SVX, Starion, Ford SHO, etc.

Man... when are we doing the Merkur Spec series?

Cause really, everything is kinda lame. Yeah, especially YOUR car.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"