Re: Best race car interior color?

Team BenzGay wrote:

They say taupe is very soothing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94dWbZr … detailpage

Mmm, point taken.

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

Whatever you can buy at the discount bin.  THERE'S your color!

Putting the "dirty" in Dirty Little Freaks Racing
~stalk us on facebook

how about that garage floor epoxy finish - you know, the stuff you throw confetti on? That way anything you paint the outside will match what's on the inside.

My car was originally gray so we kept that for the inside, the only problem we had was the floors could get pretty slippery especially if your shoes were wet because it was raining.  What would you say would be the easiest way to make it so the drivers could get out of the car without sliding all over the place.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I've added fine blasting sand to the final couple of ounces in a can of gloss gray to paint the floor of the driver's footwell area.  It is abrasive enough to keep feet from slipping yet still easy to clean.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Bullitt Bobcat 2.0
Fox Cougar Sedan

The Beretta had all kinds of bad window and door seals, and had been leaking water for a while when I bought it, so the carpets were soaked and all the floor underneath was rusted.  Rusted floors coated with NAPA POR-15 knock-off (Chassis Saver, I think) have a nice non-slip texture smile

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

Replace floor pans with transparent aluminum

Bardahl Special - the greatest racecar ever made

Replace floor pans with transparent aluminum

Sorry, Scotty tried to give me the formula, but he kept grabbing the mouse and yelling "Computer!" into it. He got pissed and left, so no transparent aluminum here.

Your kidding us right? colors? Its not the colors it the drivers.....we have 3 cars white black and tan doesnt make and difference...change drivers

If its not broke fix it till it is...

Hey, it's not my fault I understeered right through that corner and into the grass--my red interior is making me drive too aggressively!

^^
Our next penalty excuse.

36 (edited by ninjacoco 2011-07-13 11:13 AM)

Um, the Bunnywagen's interior was "rust and crap." No paint necessary. Soothing earth tones that serve as a reminder that you're in a rusty death trap = best interior ever.

If you're going to all the trouble to repaint yours, at least work it into your theme somehow...or go with pink. You can never go wrong with pink.