Re: So, uh, how do you get in?

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:

I feel honored, we got in on our first try, though there will be 150 cars at Thunderhill!!

Where did you get that number? Inquiring minds want to know.:D

I've heard the "150" number as well, most commonly associated with "full track" for T-Hill.  I think it was coming from a person of authority, but I can't remember who.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

I am pretty sure Jay, Jonny and Phil would be perfectly OK with never seeing another cop car in Lemons again. And since your car is fairly run-of-the-mill, you need a unique, funky and/or bad-ass theme to get their attention. Extra points for swapping in a different engine, ghettocharging or otherwise adding homemade technology that makes it even more unique and/or increases the odds that it will blow up in spectacular fashion. 

If you want a good example of what to aim for, look at Eyesore Racing. They raised the bar.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

You all overestimate the influence of the Lemons Supreme Court in accepting applicants for races. That's all done by a shadowy Emeryville cabal (i.e., Jay and Nick) with only occasional input from the judges.

Anyway, the formula is pretty simple. All British, Italian, and French cars get in. If your car is from Detroit, Japan, or Germany and less than 30 years old, you takes your chances.

And J-cars! Don't forget the J-cars!

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

30 (edited by priapism 2009-09-18 02:31 PM)

We had full plans on running a ghetto junkyard turbo setup, but didn't want to start on such a project before knowing that we were in. 

I do realize the sirens were annoying and didn't use them personally, but my teammates were a bit more enthusiastic, so to speak.  I've just always wanted to drive a cop car and this was my chance! 

I was thinking painting the 323 white and dressing it up like an upside down bathtub and spending pit lane time in bathrobes and fuzzy bunny slippers, since it looks like one of those old bathtubs anyways.  That way we get to wear slippers and a bathrobe in public.  Woot!

X-args wrote:

And J-cars! Don't forget the J-cars!

Yeah, those high-quality GM FWD products of the early 80s have the inside track to acceptance. But when is someone finally going to bring a supercharged Bonneville or Park Avenue?

priapism wrote:

We had full plans on running a ghetto junkyard turbo setup, but didn't want to start on such a project before knowing that we were in.

Send Jay an e-mail and get your residual value from the Buttonwillow race. Explain that you realize you need to step up your game. Tell him what crazy ideas you have for the theme, the residual budget and how you half expect your upgrades will grenade the car part way through the race.

Then go ahead and do it. Waiting for approval shows a lack of commitment. Worst case, you never get into another Lemons race, you still have ChumpCar and you have Buttonwillow two hours away for plenty of open testing days (highly recommended).

MurileeMartin wrote:

You all overestimate the influence of the Lemons Supreme Court in accepting applicants for races. That's all done by a shadowy Emeryville cabal (i.e., Jay and Nick) with only occasional input from the judges.

Yes, the separation between executive and judicial is recognized. Especially when it comes to twin charging suggestions from the judicial branch that are highly frowned upon by the Grand Poobah in Emeryville.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

I was palnning to do more to the 323 for the next one. I was even thinking supertroopers with a pimp and ho hand cuffed to the rol cage. I have another idea based off a Bulishi movie for the car (no, not the blues brothers cop car lol).

Deathmobile

MurileeMartin wrote:

Anyway, the formula is pretty simple. All British, Italian, and French cars get in. If your car is from Detroit, Japan, or Germany and less than 30 years old, you takes your chances.

woohoo, the ford i was gonna try and enter next year just turned 30.  maybe it'll have a chance!

Our Camaro will be 31. At least that's what we think. No VIN. It seems to have gotten lost in the last three decades.

Intervention Motorsports